- X-rays are a form of electromagnetic radiation, just like visible light. These particles pass through the body. A computer or special film is used to record the images that are created.
- No advance preparation is necessary.
FEMALES: PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR ARE BREASTFEEDING. IF AN XRAY IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, A LEAD APRON CAN BE PLACED OVER THE ABDOMEN TO SHIELD THE FETUS FROM EXPOSURE TO THE XRAYS.
What to Expect
During the Exam
- The exam will be quick and painless.
- You may be asked to change into a gown, depending on the body part being x-rayed.
- Depending on the type of exam, it can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes.
- If you are a walk-in, please expect to wait. Patients that are scheduled will be seen first.