Patient Check In Forms
Please fill forms out completely and bring them with you at time of appointment.
- Ultrasound is a simple, safe, painless diagnostic procedure that bounces high-frequency sound waves off parts of the body and captures the returning “echoes” as images. There is no injection or radiation exposure associated with ultrasound.
- Preparation for your US will depend on the type of exam. Before your US scan, please contact us so we can provide specific instructions and review your health and insurance information.
- US Bladder, Pelvis & OB (Pregnancy): Please drink 32oz. of water (1) hour prior to exam. DO NOT EMPTY BLADDER.
- All other Ultrasound: It is important to have nothing to eat or drink, including water, for four to six hours before your exam.
What to Expect
During the Exam
- You will lie on a cushioned table and gel will be applied to your skin; the gel acts as a conductor.
- A transducer, a hand-held device that sends and receives ultrasound signals, is moved over the area of your body being imaged.
- Images instantly are captured on a television-like monitor and transferred to film or videotape for a radiologist to review and interpret.
- Depending on the type of exam, it can take anywhere from 20-60 minutes.